Printing

by | Oct 15, 2016

Printing at School

King’s provides access to three photocopiers located in the library. Students need to send their print jobs to one of these three printers.

Once their print job is sent, they need to ‘release’ the job at the photocopier using their student number as a login. These are clearly signed as a reminder to the students.

Printing at Home

The simplest way to print at home using either iPad or Macbooks is via an AirPrint compatible printer. This type of printing is wireless and allows students to connect simply to a printer as long as they are within your home wifi network. There are now a wide selection of printers available that have this feature – click here for more information.

iPads will require the AirPrint feature whilst MacBook Air’s can connect the traditional way via USB. There are some sources on the web that suggest ways to make printers connected to your home computer AirPrint compatible should your printer not have this capacity.

You may also be interested in...

We are eSmart!

This week I got an email that started with the line "We are very proud to announce that King's Christian College has now attained eSmart Status! This is a wonderful achievement." The email was from eSmart Schools, an initiative of the Allanah and Madeline...

read more

Helping your child to research online

A while ago, I was assisting my son to do some research on his laptop. I would love to say he was cooperative, but that wasn’t quite how it played out. I asked him to show me the topic he was researching, in this case a biography. I looked on the learning management...

read more

Adobe Creative Suite

What is the Adobe Creative Suite? The Adobe company is a leading provider of well-known industry standard applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Lightroom. King's uses this software extensively in our Art, Industrial Design and Technology and Film, TV and New...

read more