Setting iOS Restrictions

by | Feb 19, 2017

One of the most common issues we have in the modern world is the access our children have to Internet-connected devices. This is both positive and negative. On one hand, you can access a wealth of knowledge and on the other, the negative underbelly of the Internet. Many parents are interested in knowing if they can do something to limit what their children can access on the smartphones that they provide their children. This article offers some advice in this arena. To enable restrictions on an iOS device, first tap the Settings icon then choose General then Restrictions. After that choose Enable Restrictions and then enter a four-digit passcode. For the final step in the process, select which parts of the iPhone or iPad you want to turn off. The in App Purchase section is useful for avoiding any bill shock if they have the App Store attached to your credit card. You can also remove Explicit songs or movies from the iTunes store as well.

You may also be interested in...

Helping your child to research online

A while ago, I was assisting my son to do some research on his laptop. I would love to say he was cooperative, but that wasn’t quite how it played out. I asked him to show me the topic he was researching, in this case a biography. I looked on the learning management...

read more

Adobe Creative Suite

What is the Adobe Creative Suite? The Adobe company is a leading provider of well-known industry standard applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Lightroom. King's uses this software extensively in our Art, Industrial Design and Technology and Film, TV and New...

read more